Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 | Those of you that have bucket seats in your 36, 37, and 38's. What seats did you use. I'm 6'1 and 240 lb. My bench from a mini van is not comfortable. Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 52 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 52 | I have a 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat extended cab with bucket seats. The seats are quite comfortable for me and the seat belts are built into the seats. I don't know if they would fit into the small cab of a 37 Chev pickup though. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2025 Posts: 13 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2025 Posts: 13 | I used 2000 Silverado seats that have seat belt built in them when I built a 41 master deluxe. There was room also for a console, but I would think them your pickup would be to narrow for the console. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Good luck, Wayne! Not much room in our trucks until you get to the AD style. I was OK when I first built my 37 but for some reason my tummy now hits the steering wheel and I'm using a small after market and column tilt. .....Seems I remember checking out the Honda seats but can't remember why or why not. I feel you pain! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 | I looked at the current seat I have and determined it was not leaning back as far as it should. It feels like I'm sitting in an old church pew.
I moved it 2 1/2 inches forward, dropped the rear 1 1/4 inches and was able to get the seat back to lean by 2 inches.
I have it adjusted it so it is now tolerable for me. But this cab is still very tight. Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,418 Crusty Old Sarge | | Crusty Old Sarge Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,418 | Wayne, I'm not sure GM made that Cab for yor 6' 2 " frame. I have seen several early Cabs with F@&d Ranger bench seats. I believe they are not quite as deep.
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400"The Book of Thor"Read the story in the DITY1960 Chevrolet C10"A Family Heirloom"Follow the story in the DITY Gallery'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting) If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | I found the same thing in my '37, the back of the seat was too straight up. The buckets I tried never felt right, so I used the stock seat. After moving some padding around and setting the back on the forward most mounting position, it is much better. I also added stiff foam to the front edge of the bottom cushions, then raised them up to a steeper angle, it sets kind-a-like a bucket seat, not like the sofa it was before. I'm only 5' 9" so I have a little more room, it's no surprise they made the cabs bigger the following years. | | |
| |