The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny), 152 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1582646 07/14/2025 3:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,400
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,400
Did anyone attend this Show? We tried it out the first 2 years of the "Jamboree", it was just to HOT and too LOUD for our group. I know they had over 1500 trucks registered.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
TUTS 59 #1582657 07/14/2025 5:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,809
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,809
My impression exactly- - - - -I made my one and only trip there some time ago. I just thought a flight line full of B-52s was noisy back in the 1970's!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
TUTS 59 #1582708 07/15/2025 2:11 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 142
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 142
I attended the show and it was HOT! We were parked in the shade away from all the noise so all in all it was good show. There were 1630 trucks registered, who knows if they were all there but there was a lot of trucks and several older trucks scattered about.

TUTS 59 #1582767 07/16/2025 2:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Stop reminding me, it was bad enough and i want to forget it!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
TUTS 59 #1582776 07/16/2025 1:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,400
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,400
Jeez, Bennie, I'm baking like a Toasted Cheeser...It so HOT out here! (from The Sand Lot) grin Is it Bad that when I get that HOT, I smell Bacon....


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
TUTS 59 #1582786 07/16/2025 3:26 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Although the show itself was not a pleasant time, the after show gatherings were great.
The first time the wife and I shared a cabin with Jerry then the second time I was solo and shared a cabin with Jerry and Alvin that ended up with late night talks about our past adventures. Most of them I can’t tell to young person about what we did. They would not beleave us anyway.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
TUTS 59 #1582794 07/16/2025 4:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,809
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,809
Don, I had forgotten that second trip- - - -I don't think I even attended the show. I do remember slow-smoking two pork butts on the front porch all night, that had the whole cabin area drooling! The after-show meal was great- - - -pulled pork BBQ and Jay's magic show. Good times for sure!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0