Gents - Just a note that this topic better belongs in the Interiors forum, so it has been moved there.
Originally Posted by dunfire
The 1937 GMC did not offer an factory inside review mirror, the 1936 GMC did. Dealer or aftermarket would have been available in 1937
dunfire - I did a little web searching on the topic and saw a couple of early GMC documents that you had posted in the vccachat that support your above info. Thought it might be worthwhile to share them here for more details on the 1937 GMC topic.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
May have been a dealer option but just like single taillights, single wiper and no heater, most trucks evolved over the years. Mine did not have one and I’ve never seen one available from any of the usual restoration vintage places, but eBay…. Here is what just got installed in my ‘37. Oval shape kind of fits the era and I replaced the Allen head screws for more appropriate looking hardware.
Last edited by Gdads51; 10/18/20242:46 PM. Reason: remove picture link from text box to allow to display in post
Larry Old man᠁Old truck᠁neither one goes very fast. All you need in life is TIME, PATIENCE and MONEY. If you are missing one component, you'll need an abundance of the others two.
I had one in my '37 but took it out. I couldn't get it adjusted where I could see anything. If it hangs low enough to see out the window, it blocks to much of the windshield.