The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wayne67vert, MickeyP, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
O
Apprentice
Apprentice
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
We just got a '35 Chevy 1.5 Ton Stake Bed (Rust Bucket). Think this could have been my Dad's in the late 30's early 40's. Have 650x20 Duals and 600x20 on the front. What was accurate for this year? Need to get some tires and tubes to get this rolling around the house. Second Question is what size 6 cyl. is in this truck? Casting numbers on the pass. side of block are 837591-2. I am assuming it is the original but really have no idea. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
That block casting number is correct for a 1935 216. Sorry I cannot help on the tire size is but either of those sizes sounds correct for that era. The replacements for those sizes are 6PR and the load ratings are pretty low - 1700, 1870 lbs. si I guess it's whatever you want to do with your truck. Is it hydraulic brakes?


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
From what I can find it looks like a canadian number, 1935.
Got any pics?

Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
O
Apprentice
Apprentice
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
Not hydraulic, these I believe are what they call mechanical brakes. As for the tires. As old and decayed as these look they have to be original. I just didn't want to throw money away getting the wrong size tires for making this truck close to original. Thanks for both the helps. Tom

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Welcome to Stovebolt Old30'strucks!
You'll enjoy this site.
Good luck with the truck.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
My 35' has the 207 c.i. motor, the 216 didn't come in until 1937, unless someone put one in your 35'.As far as i can tell the wheels were 6.00x20 but I have 7.00x20 on mine.I guess it just depends on what you wanted back then.My 36' 1.5 ton has 6.00x20 up front and 6.50x20 on the rear. Still can't find any one to put the Widowmakers together.This is my first reply here at the site. I really like it here, lots of info. Hope I'm doing it right. Demingbolter


'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 73
My 38 had 7.00's all around,that looks to be pretty close to the limit without catching the front fender.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 184
Welcome fellow Arizonan! Okay, I admit being from Phoenix doesn't probably count for someone from Tucson.

Anyway, the mechanical brakes make sense. 36 was the first year for hydraulic brakes. I had an opportunity to buy a big bolt 35 in Phoenix about 24 years ago in nice shape, but the 207 and the mechanical brakes scared me!

Best of luck getting original. 35's are great looking trucks.


If it ain't broke, take it apart and figure out why!
39 Chevy in the Gallery
Photobucket Album

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0