The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149200 11/19/2006 6:04 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Well, number 5. I have completely lost control. On the spiral downward, and as my wife shakes her head, this popped up....free. Nobody in their right mind can turn down a free cabover, so I didn't. Sleeper is coming off as it is completely dead. I will take it down to a regular truck chassis. Thought you guys would like to see "Herman".

What's the deal with manual 2 speed rear ends? This one has one in it...how do they differ from the vacuum type?

http://www.redemerconcepts.com/truck/Herman.jpg

Tomcoe


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
I love it!

Tell your wife you know one guy who has 14 his wife knows about.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
COOL ! ! !


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 140
cool I like the sleeper


Now boltless but looking
1951 F-1 350/350
1965 Mustang 355 glide
1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me
1972 Maverick 302 c4
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Don't know if you have the sleeper doors but a 41 conventional with sleeper box I had my eye on had crank out windows on the sleeper upper doors. Hurricane got it though.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Thanks guys,

OldSub! 14...wow, that should justify my getting another 8 at least! smile

Kb3csw...that is a shame about the hurricane victim. This one had windows up top, not crank out, and doors in the bottom sections. This sleeper is all but gone. Wood rotted, metal rusted, bent and just ilk.

Tomcoe


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 163
This is a bit off topic but whats the story with the 69 RS Camaro. It doesn't look right with all those big trucks. You need to sell it to me.


Jason
1946 GMC COE
1967 Pontiac Lemans Convertible

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/jrpontiac/library/?sort=3&page=1
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Hey Jason,

We have many 60's Camaros. I am a Camaro guy who decided to get into the old COEs smile

It is pretty well loaded. I bought this car from the original owner, a lady in her 70's some time ago. It even has all the SS optional equipment, but just wasn't an SS. I don't know why she didn't just order the hood and SS emblems. What they don't tell you about little old lady cars is that they have hit everything in their paths...twice. All sheet metal will need replaced. Otherwise, interior etc is beautiful. Can't sell, they're getting too hard to find.

Tom(COE)


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Bastard... :p Seriously thats awesome! I gotta say Im a bit jealous! I wish there were more around here but Im sure theyve mostly rusted away by now.... I found my one and only 2000 miles away in Kansas.

Youll let me know if you find any GMC coes wont ya?(hint hint)

Congrats and keep looking!
Jeff


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
ha...that is my favorite word for such occasions!

I will definately be on the watch for GMC COEs. I am on the watch for any COEs around these parts. eek (these are the eyes when I spot one...or an old horse trailer that fools me!)


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
#149210 11/21/2006 11:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 66
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 66
I really, really like the looks of those art deco coe's. Shame about the sleeper...anything's fixable...time and money I quess. I see it's a tractor. Find an art deco trailer like the ones you see in old advs., and that would be one slick setup.

#149211 11/21/2006 11:51 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,867
Those horse trailers get me every time! It scares the heck out of the wife when were cruising 50 and I slam on the brakes...

Shes gettin used to it though! grin


My 1953 Chevrolet
1947.1 Gallery
1972 C-10 1/2 Ton & 1972 C-30 1 Ton
#149212 11/22/2006 12:59 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 117
"Herman" is an EXCELLENT name,,was my Dad's name...Good name for a Hard-working truck...Just like my Dad..Good Name choice for the truck.. smile smile

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Ya, my story is vering off into oncoming traffic. I seem to be too mesmurized to brake...just rubberneck followed by a little nudge back towards straight. My wife is trained now to just grab the wheel. I think of her as my auto pilot. smile

50chev, that is cool. I thought it was a fitting name for a tuff old workhorse.


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0