Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Well, number 5. I have completely lost control. On the spiral downward, and as my wife shakes her head, this popped up....free. Nobody in their right mind can turn down a free cabover, so I didn't. Sleeper is coming off as it is completely dead. I will take it down to a regular truck chassis. Thought you guys would like to see "Herman". What's the deal with manual 2 speed rear ends? This one has one in it...how do they differ from the vacuum type? http://www.redemerconcepts.com/truck/Herman.jpg Tomcoe | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I love it!
Tell your wife you know one guy who has 14 his wife knows about.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 140 |
Now boltless but looking 1951 F-1 350/350 1965 Mustang 355 glide 1971 F-100 401 fe it hates me 1972 Maverick 302 c4
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | Don't know if you have the sleeper doors but a 41 conventional with sleeper box I had my eye on had crank out windows on the sleeper upper doors. Hurricane got it though. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Thanks guys, OldSub! 14...wow, that should justify my getting another 8 at least! Kb3csw...that is a shame about the hurricane victim. This one had windows up top, not crank out, and doors in the bottom sections. This sleeper is all but gone. Wood rotted, metal rusted, bent and just ilk. Tomcoe | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 163 | This is a bit off topic but whats the story with the 69 RS Camaro. It doesn't look right with all those big trucks. You need to sell it to me. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Hey Jason, We have many 60's Camaros. I am a Camaro guy who decided to get into the old COEs It is pretty well loaded. I bought this car from the original owner, a lady in her 70's some time ago. It even has all the SS optional equipment, but just wasn't an SS. I don't know why she didn't just order the hood and SS emblems. What they don't tell you about little old lady cars is that they have hit everything in their paths...twice. All sheet metal will need replaced. Otherwise, interior etc is beautiful. Can't sell, they're getting too hard to find. Tom(COE) | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Bastard... :p Seriously thats awesome! I gotta say Im a bit jealous! I wish there were more around here but Im sure theyve mostly rusted away by now.... I found my one and only 2000 miles away in Kansas.
Youll let me know if you find any GMC coes wont ya?(hint hint)
Congrats and keep looking! Jeff | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | ha...that is my favorite word for such occasions! I will definately be on the watch for GMC COEs. I am on the watch for any COEs around these parts.  (these are the eyes when I spot one...or an old horse trailer that fools me!) | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 66 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 66 | I really, really like the looks of those art deco coe's. Shame about the sleeper...anything's fixable...time and money I quess. I see it's a tractor. Find an art deco trailer like the ones you see in old advs., and that would be one slick setup. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Those horse trailers get me every time! It scares the heck out of the wife when were cruising 50 and I slam on the brakes... Shes gettin used to it though!  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 117 | "Herman" is an EXCELLENT name,,was my Dad's name...Good name for a Hard-working truck...Just like my Dad..Good Name choice for the truck..  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | Ya, my story is vering off into oncoming traffic. I seem to be too mesmurized to brake...just rubberneck followed by a little nudge back towards straight. My wife is trained now to just grab the wheel. I think of her as my auto pilot. 50chev, that is cool. I thought it was a fitting name for a tuff old workhorse. | | |
| |