The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Ole49GMC, 1 invisible), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,437
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
............AND, I need to start looking for parts, getting leads, scrounging. I'm sure these are old leather/lead zink seals right? Anyway, I'll need a round of seals, front & back wheels and driveline, transfer case and differentials....... Also brake shoes need to be either replaced or relined (they're satuarated with #90
Any leads?

Did I mention to you all that I don't think this project would be near as much fun without the Stovebolters helping out? Thank You!

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 92
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 92
May have to pull it apart to get some numbers off of the seals themselves. CarQuest can still get parts for my 48 and NAPA says they have books that go back to the 30's.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I keep preaching it guys... a lot of these parts were used for years and can be got locally as 48bigtrucks indicates with NAPA or Carquest. I check them ALL especially for prices etc. Locally I found that my Advance Auto Parts can get a lot of stuff and it will be Federal-Mogul or other top brand and not some cheap after market that some discounters are known to carry. Since I'm bless to have all of the parts store in my area I ask "what brand" before I buy. On the same brand I find a better price with AdvanceAuto. Just this week I ordered another rear axle seal for a 37 since they are the same through 1962 I ask for a 1962!! Some of their books don't go back that far but they do for a 62 plus no shipping and overnight delivery. Its money and I am hard give more for something until I look around. Dale, I believe your truck is a 42 so you should have great luck locally.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
I just bought all wheel seals, all brake shoes,all wheel cyl.'s, and all brake hoses for the 41 I am working on at Advance. I did my reserch first. They didn,t have a listing for 1941 so I found that most of the parts fit later models. Then I asked for them by a later year model and they had them.


I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson"
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 39
Yep, as usual you guys are way ahead of me. I found a great resource in Vehicles of Victory These guys specialize in Military Chevy and GM trucks and parts...pretty cool.

I found the original seals, Napa parts numbers, 60 year old original brake cylinders, lines and hose, and much more. By this time I'm done, I'll be able to go 37 MPH! And stop too....


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0