My 1946 1/2 ton. Not my first antique vehicle, but my first pickup. I also own a ‘40 Master 85 business coupe. The pickup is a new acquisition and has some gremlins to work out, seem mostly to be from sitting too long. Great information on this site. Thanks for letting me join.
~TF
Last edited by Peggy M; 12/04/202310:05 PM.
1946 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton 1940 Chevrolet Master 85 Coupe
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Great looking truck Tom and welcome. Looks like your 46 is road worthy. I'm in Aroostook county and run a 1946 GMC 3/4 ton that I finished restoring a couple of years ago. Have additional non-runners; 41,45, and another 46. Let me know if you need any thing.
Great looking truck Tom and welcome. Looks like your 46 is road worthy. I'm in Aroostook county and run a 1946 GMC 3/4 ton that I finished restoring a couple of years ago. Have additional non-runners; 41,45, and another 46. Let me know if you need any thing.
Thanks, I'm in Lincoln, not too far from you. We may run across each other.
1946 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton 1940 Chevrolet Master 85 Coupe
Welcome! That is a beautiful pickup! I'd make room for that in my garage.
Not sure what he was talking about for a forum for your '40. They don't usually allow car photos on this site unless it's a daily driver.
Thanks, Rich. It has the same engine and instrument cluster as my coupe, so it feels very familiar. I always wanted a pickup of this vintage, but always dragged my heals and lost out on the ones I saw....not this time.
1946 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton 1940 Chevrolet Master 85 Coupe
Great to have another Mainer aboard with such a nice truck.
Regards and welcome!
John (From Pittston)
~ John
A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.
1949 Chevrolet 3804 In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum 1973 IH 1310 Dump 1963 Kaiser M38A1 2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie" 2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)