The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (lumbersawyer, 78buckshot), 167 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,474
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Hey guys new member here, I have a 57 1 ton dually that has 19.5's on the rear but 16.5's on the front. Was this a factory option? Anyone able to point me in the right direction for 2 matching 19.5's for the front? Thanks guys![img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...84679BF-ECC6-48F1-AC97-589EF5611926.jpeg[/img]
Attachments
4A44F23D-9F89-4BE4-8650-9F8D5B0D5E92.jpeg (234.66 KB, 125 downloads)


1957 Chevy 3800
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,486
Have you tried searching in the forums? I looked and here’s one where they converted to 19.5’s as an example. https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1347038/new-tires-and-rims.html


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Thank you that is exactly the look I’m going for I did search for info regarding the different rim sizes but came up empty


1957 Chevy 3800
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
I don’t think 16.5’s ever came on ‘57’s, or anything else for that matter.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Originally Posted by EdPruss
I don’t think 16.5’s ever came on ‘57’s, or anything else for that matter.

Ed
I had a '72 K10 Chevy that had 16.5's on it. They were 6-lug. I believe the '84 GMC 3/4 ton I had also had 16.5's but they were of course 8-lug.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
It's likely that someone found a good pair of tire on a pair of rims that were direct bolt-on. Nothing new on the farm!


My 1955 GMC 450 Dump Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Elderly Iron
"Performance" is the pursuit of a toy that won't break.
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 135
3
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 135
I think I have one 19.5 wheel for eight bolt hub. I'll check.

Mike
573 592 1991 work hours
573 864 6539 mobile


1936 1-1/2 Ton (RD) Stake Body Original
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 32
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 32
I have parted several of the duallys like yours. Many had the 19.5 like you had in the rear. I believe the fronts are from a different vehicle.


ppp
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
I found some 16.5’s with 10 on 7.25” bolt pattern, was looking for 19.5’s, didn’t check.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,601
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,601
I looked yesterday and my 57 GMC one ton dually has 18 inch split rims all around.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by Elderly Iron
It's likely that someone found a good pair of tire on a pair of rims that were direct bolt-on. Nothing new on the farm!
Hit the nail on the head!
16.5" will fit front but need larger diameter inside the wheels on the rear to fit over the large diameter drums. Have seen newer dual wheel turned out & run as a single on the rear, some real creative folks!


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 8
Yeah that makes sense about using what you have around the farm! If I can’t find fronts I’ll go aftermarket all the way around but I’d like to stay as original as possible. Thanks for all the input guys!


1957 Chevy 3800
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 32
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 32
I checked and have two 55-59 Chevy 1 ton duallys . Both have the original 19.5 original tubeless duallys.


ppp

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0