| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | Hello all... I've removed the after market tank that the PO had put in the bed of my '63 and purchased a new repop surburban tank from CPP to install between the frame rails under the bed. I feel like I should put a roll over valve on the tank. Any comments on which one or where to get it? Summit & Jegs both have several options that I've found. Is one better than the other? Do other vendors offer better options? Thanks... | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I really can't give you an answer on which is better or who to get one from, but just out of curiosity, why do you think you need one? There just isn't much of a need for one unless you're going to be racing it. If it was really necessary, the tank would probably either had one in it, or be set up for one. Most of those valves are really made for use with a racing type feul call, not a street vehicle type tank.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | I'm not real sure that I do need one...it just seemed like a good idea. I won't be racing the truck, just daily driving. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 92 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 92 | Unless the gas cap falls off, you won't lose much gas in a roll over. More will come out the vent than the cap, Scott | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 191 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 191 | If you've changed the fuel pump to an electric one you'll pump fuel everywhere in a roll over unless you install roll over valve seeing as the ignition will still be on and the pump will be running. I installed one of the Holley ones from Jegs. Better safe than sorry but that's just my two cents worth. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I beleive what Texmo is looking at is a rollover valve on the filler neck. On the pump, most modern vehicles use a switch to cut power to the pump once the vehicle goes beyond a set angle. I would think that the aftermarket would have something similar.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,029 | Or the pump is wired to an oil pressure switch so that it quits pumping when the engine stalls. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | This is a K.I.S.S. installation so no electric fuel pump. All I was looking for was something to put on the vent line. I'm still running a mechanical fuel pump and have no immediate plans to change. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | Texmo, go to the local auto parts store and get a one way vacuum line check valve. I use one on my vent line so the garage doesn't stink. It lets air in the tank, but not out. Its kinda like the power brake booster valve only smaller. My local NAPA guy knew just what I wanted, something off a Ford if I remember right. One side is white, the other black. Joe | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 248 | Joe that sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 |
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | |
| |
| |