The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, tclederman, Hotrod Lincoln, Charles in CA), 70 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
Hello all...
I've removed the after market tank that the PO had put in the bed of my '63 and purchased a new repop surburban tank from CPP to install between the frame rails under the bed. I feel like I should put a roll over valve on the tank. Any comments on which one or where to get it? Summit & Jegs both have several options that I've found. Is one better than the other? Do other vendors offer better options? Thanks...


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I really can't give you an answer on which is better or who to get one from, but just out of curiosity, why do you think you need one? There just isn't much of a need for one unless you're going to be racing it. If it was really necessary, the tank would probably either had one in it, or be set up for one. Most of those valves are really made for use with a racing type feul call, not a street vehicle type tank.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
I'm not real sure that I do need one...it just seemed like a good idea. I won't be racing the truck, just daily driving.


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 92
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 92
Unless the gas cap falls off, you won't lose much gas in a roll over. More will come out the vent than the cap,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 191
If you've changed the fuel pump to an electric one you'll pump fuel everywhere in a roll over unless you install roll over valve seeing as the ignition will still be on and the pump will be running. I installed one of the Holley ones from Jegs. Better safe than sorry but that's just my two cents worth.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I beleive what Texmo is looking at is a rollover valve on the filler neck. On the pump, most modern vehicles use a switch to cut power to the pump once the vehicle goes beyond a set angle. I would think that the aftermarket would have something similar.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
Or the pump is wired to an oil pressure switch so that it quits pumping when the engine stalls.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
This is a K.I.S.S. installation so no electric fuel pump. All I was looking for was something to put on the vent line. I'm still running a mechanical fuel pump and have no immediate plans to change.


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
Texmo, go to the local auto parts store and get a one way vacuum line check valve. I use one on my vent line so the garage doesn't stink. It lets air in the tank, but not out. Its kinda like the power brake booster valve only smaller. My local NAPA guy knew just what I wanted, something off a Ford if I remember right. One side is white, the other black. Joe

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
Joe that sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0