Just wanted to say hello. I have a 1950 Chevy 3100. Bought it in 1981 and drove it till 1992. It is now in my neighbors shop to get running again. Brings back memories from when I was younger.
William Moore Abilene TX
Last edited by Peggy M; 09/27/20235:03 PM. Reason: added more info to the title
Abilene, Abilene, prettiest town I ever seen.......
Welcome to the Stovebolt, Shof. Had a 50 myself back in the mid 70's and wish I had kept the 2 owner truck. Its great you know the history of your truck and the fact that you have hung onto it over the years. As a member in Texas you are now a member of the "Texas Connection". Lot of bolters from your fair state and maybe some next door? Glad to have you here. Spend some time checking out the tech tips, gallery photo's and all the links to the good stuff. Ask questions in the most appropriate garage forums and let us help you with your problems. See ya around the garage.
That's what I learned to drive in. Grandpa had two old trucks on the farm and let all the grandkids drive them all over. some was for work but most was just having fun on the farm. I'm new to this site also, looks like a good place to find help. Welcome aboard
Times sure are different now, Don't think I can drive the interstate now with speed limit at 75. My truck was bought from a used car dealer, traded in a 52 Plymouth Cranbrook as partial payment. He called the car a sleeper, it would sit on the lot and sleep for a long time. My fire wall has the name Cliff Durr 6-8-50 scratched on it, I assume it was the original buyer. Thought that was really neat.
While your getting familiar with the Bolt be sure to check out the Tech Tips (lots of good reading) and the Gallery with over 3000 pictures from 1916 up.
Check in everyday/evening and get to know everyone. Great folks here...and in Texas
It is a small world. Achipmunk, my daughter lives in Boiling Springs. I was last there in November. We go to Chimney Rock park, I love the fall colors which we don't have much in Abilene.
That's super. I was born and raised just over in Gaffney but moved in a house we have here in Boiling Springs when I retired in 2006.. My wife has been in Boiling Springs since 1982 and my oldest daughter teaches at B.S. High School and my wife works at the district office. Heck, chances are my wife, or I, may even know your daughter.
Next time your here you must stop in. I live just past the Boiling Springs High School just off Mason Road. Let me know when your headed this way and we'll get some BBQ or maybe a trip to Lake Bowen fish camp.
It is a small world. As your daughter has probably told you we are finally beginning to dry out and dry up from the snow and rains. I have also had about 5 Southern Stovebolt Reunions here at my house. Haven't had one since my open heart surgery but hoping to do one this year. "Maybe" mid April or May. I really would like to drive up to the Homecoming. I went once a couple years ago and had a blast. There are some good guys here.
Didn't mean to write a letter. Be sure to let us know if you head this way.
Alvin
Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/28/20164:31 AM. Reason: spelling
So, tell us what you’ve been doing to get it road worthy.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Thank you for your service in these trying times. SIL is a 30+ year veteran of our local Fire Department. Shift Captain.
Looks like you’ve been pretty busy with the get it road worthy tasks. Good luck.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
That is a good looking truck! I don't understand how the human body can survive with temperatures that far over the normal body temperatures. That is without fighting fires.
Love the Ole AD's. Yours looks great. I'll let you know how retirement is as I was suppose to retire on May 1st but got furloughed due to the Pandemic. New retirement date is Sept. 4th. My 49 is pretty much finished so we all say but really enjoy tinkering around with it out in the garage while listening to the Oldies on FM.
"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem" 1949 5 Window 3100 Follow in the DITY Veteran of the USAF My Website