The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (papas52, TUTS 59, Southerntruck, Jon G, 2-Ton), 68 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,332
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1348346 02/29/2020 5:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
Greeting from East Tennessee

I just picked up a 1947 Loadmaster today two owner and all original very honest truck.

Will need a few things and just some driving but excited to learn as much as I can here. I am very green when it comes to old vehicles as a whole so definitely gonna have lots of questions.

The first project will be fix some little things and change out this rear gear to make her have a little more speed.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Consider yourself home. You will find folks here willing to help with what ever your needs are. Be sure to visit the garage forums, including the big bolt forum.
See you around the garage and congrats on finding a piece of history!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,416
Hello and welcome.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome!
Congrats on the '47! As you can see in my signature line I have one also.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
Thanks Guys ! I can’t wait to get some more seat time.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,413
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,413
Welcome to the BOLT... Another Southern Bolter, very COOL grin


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Welcome to the 'bolt. Have fun with your new truck


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 162
A big "Howdy Neighbor!" you truly are my neighbor.. And welcome to the site. Perhaps we can have an in depth conversation once you get settled in.What part of K-town? I'm north Knox..


I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 16
I always use Knox I am out west Roane County.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0