Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,334 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 | Greeting from East Tennessee
I just picked up a 1947 Loadmaster today two owner and all original very honest truck.
Will need a few things and just some driving but excited to learn as much as I can here. I am very green when it comes to old vehicles as a whole so definitely gonna have lots of questions.
The first project will be fix some little things and change out this rear gear to make her have a little more speed. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Stovebolt. Consider yourself home. You will find folks here willing to help with what ever your needs are. Be sure to visit the garage forums, including the big bolt forum. See you around the garage and congrats on finding a piece of history!! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,416 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,416 |
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | Welcome! Congrats on the '47! As you can see in my signature line I have one also. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 | Thanks Guys ! I can’t wait to get some more seat time. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,413 Crusty Old Sarge | | Crusty Old Sarge Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 3,413 | Welcome to the BOLT... Another Southern Bolter, very COOL 
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400"The Book of Thor"Read the story in the DITY1960 Chevrolet C10"A Family Heirloom"Follow the story in the DITY Gallery'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting) If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,442 | Welcome to the 'bolt. Have fun with your new truck
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 162 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 162 | A big "Howdy Neighbor!" you truly are my neighbor.. And welcome to the site. Perhaps we can have an in depth conversation once you get settled in.What part of K-town? I'm north Knox..
I invest my money in precious metals, mostly rust!
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2020 Posts: 16 | I always use Knox I am out west Roane County. | | |
| |