The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, Lostbuthaulinass, Peggy M, tclederman, 2 invisible), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,478
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1330616 10/21/2019 3:45 AM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
S
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
Thanks for letting in a wannabe.
I owned an old beater '69 C10 many, many years ago. Kinda sorry I sold it.
I have owned newer model trucks since then, but lately, I have been yearning for a mid to late sixties C40 or larger to shorten and put a pickup bed on.
Sweetie thinks I'm crazy.
Am I?


I usually answer to Todd
----------------------------------
Daily Drivers:
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed
1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed

Project Truck (SOLD):
1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
Yes, you are crazy. Which is exactly why you're in the right place. Welcome to the bolt.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,414
Hey STPETE, sounds like a great project. Still quite a few big ones out there looking for some attention.

Welcome to the "Bolt"

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Welcome to the bolt.. nothing wrong with a big ole pickemuptruck


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,710
Welcome to another Florida 'Bolter


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
S
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by baldeagle
Yes, you are crazy. Which is exactly why you're in the right place. Welcome to the bolt.
Thanks, Paul. Feeling the love!

Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake
Thank you, Martin.

Originally Posted by J Lucas
Hey STPETE, sounds like a great project. Still quite a few big ones out there looking for some attention.

Welcome to the "Bolt"

John
Thanks, John.
Most of the trucks I'm finding are in the farm belt (of course). Hard to find anything like it down here south of The South.

Originally Posted by Rusty Rod
Welcome to the bolt.. nothing wrong with a big ole pickemuptruck
Thanks. I agree, currently driving a 2005 3500DRW.

Originally Posted by Wayne67vert
Welcome to another Florida 'Bolter
Thanks, Wayne. Todd, here, from the 'Burg.

Originally Posted by 69Cuda
welcome to the site!
Thanks, Mike.


I usually answer to Todd
----------------------------------
Daily Drivers:
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed
1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed

Project Truck (SOLD):
1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome aboard! You would not be the first one to attempt such a project. Keep us posted on your search.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,409
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,409
Welcome to the site, be sure to check in at the Southern Bolters forum.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
Welcome. Trucks like that are really cool. Good luck!


Professional Novice
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. The journey is worth the trip! go for it.......see you around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
S
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
No Longer a Big Bolt Owner
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Rich'sToys
Welcome aboard! You would not be the first one to attempt such a project. Keep us posted on your search.
Thank you, Rich. Once I find a truck, I'm hoping to find someone on here that has done it, to pick their brain.

Originally Posted by TUTS 59
Welcome to the site, be sure to check in at the Southern Bolters forum.
Thanks, Craig. I saw the forum. Haven't checked it out, yet.

Originally Posted by Frank50
Welcome. Trucks like that are really cool. Good luck!
Thanks. I have loved big trucks since I was a kid (a long time ago). The bigger, the better.

Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Welcome to the Stovebolt. The journey is worth the trip! go for it.......see you around the garage.
Thank you. I feel like this is a great group.


I usually answer to Todd
----------------------------------
Daily Drivers:
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW 6.6L LLY/Allison 5 Speed
1989 GMC C7000 TopKick Pickup 3208T Caterpillar/Eaton-Fuller 6 Speed

Project Truck (SOLD):
1969 C50 Farm Truck 292c.i. w/SM465 tranny and 2-speed rear

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0