The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,336
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1327883 09/27/2019 2:33 AM
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 22
Was wanting to know what a 5 window cab with good cab corners and good floors should bring. Overall cab is in good condition. It sits on a 1.5 ton frame and I want to put it onto my 1 ton frame. They are asking $1800 for the truck and since I won’t be using anything else off of it Im not sure if it is worth that. Just looking for recommendations. Thanks

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
IF it's a perfect cab, AND I mean a perfect cab, meaning it won't need ANY patch/rust repair only media blast and paint, that might not be too high of a price to pay. BUT, if it needs one patch welded in, then I believe it's way high. It doesn't take long to get over that asking price if you buy a cheap rusty cab and then have to buy patch panels for the rust repair.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
In 1983 I paid $1200.00 for a running and driving 1954 3100. I could be still it driving today at the condition it was in but for the time I paid to much. They are worth what someone is willing to pay. Mike is correct if you have to put time and lots of money in it you can lose interest.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Mike B is right.

Check carefully the following 4 interior locations (poke with a wood dowel - with permission of the owner:

- lower rear cab corners - near the “weep holes” (rodents like to nest/[censored] there) and moisture absorbing degree collects there
This is an expensive, time consuming repair.

- lower front cab corners - where the side walls attach to the front wall and the floor board

Good luck.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Jay, We need to talk.
Shoot me a PM.
Putting in a new water line and I won't have time today to respond right away.
Don
Attachments
1948 2-ton 002.jpg (234.38 KB, 334 downloads)
1948 2-ton 003.jpg (194.15 KB, 336 downloads)
1948 chevy 044.jpg (283.58 KB, 327 downloads)
1948 chevy 033.jpg (218.7 KB, 327 downloads)
1948 chevy 045.jpg (391.67 KB, 311 downloads)


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Do as Tim suggests. You are buying for the cab only. If you have the time and ability the remaining parts have some value on the used market. 🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I think that prices have always been low on old cabs ever since they started reproducing cabs. When you look up their prices, you will understand what I am talking about.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
They are selling them in Minnesota for 700-1200 for compete cabs.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0