The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1300828 02/27/2019 4:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
I just picked up a 1969 C60 a couple of weeks ago. Lots of questions and lots to lean.

[IMG]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/JOHN20011/Screenshot_20190208-173241.png[/IMG]

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. You can get answers to your questions in the garage forums......especially the BIG BOLT Forum. Great to have you with us.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! Please be aware Photobucket is not the preferred photo hosting site for Stovebolt.com many of our members cannot see Photobucket links. We have our own image posting software (instructions are in the left margin of every page) or use a program like Imgur.
shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt.

Please scroll through the various forums to see what they have to offer.

Make sure to check out the rules of the page as well.

Questions pertaining to your problem are welcome and will usually get answered quickly.

There are many "how I done it's" here as well that can be found using the search feature.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! Looks like a fun truck!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Thanks guys. I'm getting to know the site, it's definatly different from any other forum I've been a part of. My wife has a 72 Chevy on tractor tires too so once I get my road worthy it should be a sight to see us tugging down the road!

Last edited by Pvmt-Pndr; 02/28/2019 12:54 AM.
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
1
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
Moderator, Great Lakes Bolters
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 221
Pvmt-Pndr,
The truck looks pretty cool, and unique.
From another Michigander...Welcome...
--Tom

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
The main reason for getting my new truck is to pull my wife's mega truck and one day I'll build my own and I wanted a truck big enough to easily pull 2 big trucks or a large camper. Photobucket happenes to be where all of my pictures are for now, I'll change that soon. Here's a picture of her truck http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg558/JOHN20011/20170722_201024_1.jpg

Last edited by Pvmt-Pndr; 03/02/2019 3:46 PM.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
WHOA!!! That is one bad piece of equipment!

Last edited by Rusty Rod; 03/05/2019 3:14 PM.

Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Yeah it's definatly a fun toy to have laying around. I sold my 3/4 ton Dodge with a cummins and the C60 is it's replacement. Once the C60 is done and her truck is back up to par I'll keep an eye out for another mud truck to start building for myself again. I was building a 52 Willys pickup on an econoline frame I cut down with a 460, C6, double triangulated 4 links front and rear... someone offered me a price I couldn't turn down. So I sold it before I got it done... still kicking myself for that one.

Last edited by Pvmt-Pndr; 03/05/2019 4:32 AM.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Will the 4.88 gears you got be high enough? I have 4.33 in my two speed with 22.5's, still kind of low.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 87
Looking at a gear calculator 4:56 would be better but 4:88s are readily available ish. At 65 I figured I'd be around 2650 rpm with a top speed of over 78 mph at 3200 rpm, possibly more if I spin it faster. Anything has to be better then 6:50s. If I ever do swap a cummins in it with a nv4500 it will be limited to 3200 with the added OD transmission so it'll spin even slower then and I won't have to touch the gearing. I don't know what combo you're running but mine has a 427/5speed

Last edited by Pvmt-Pndr; 03/06/2019 5:17 PM.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0