Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,532 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 94 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 94 | Fantastic, I’ll give them a shot. Thanks grigg | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 120 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 120 | Did you find the wheels you needed ? I had a '72 C/40 with the one piece 20" rims. Might know of some 19.5" off of a '78 Short Bus ... 10 lug but don't know the pattern for sure. 1954 44001954 3800Jim D. '41 Chevy 1-Ton Pickup/dump...292" 4-speed w/Ranger OD ... Newest Truck '54 Chevy 3800 Dump........New Truck! '54 Chevy 4400 flatbed/dump, Gone to my brother-in-law '13 GMC 1500 daily driver ... 5.3 6-speed auto just turned 13k miles '01 Chevy 2500hd, might be my new daily driver ... 6.0 / 4L80-E
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2018 Posts: 28 | I'm in the same boat with my '54 4400. I want to keep the taller tires so the modern 19.5's are not an option for me. I've called custom wheel makers and I've found one that'll make what I want but they're waiting on the blanks to come in which will be 3-4 months. I've also looked at wheel adapters. Not sure what gear you're running but that's one of the main reasons I want to stick with the taller tires. I have a 6.50 rear end. If you find something, please post.
1954 Chevy 4400
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | A good source for GM 5/10 axles is downtrodden motorhomes, seems like a lot of dead or nearly dead ones around here, best clue is wheel bolt pattern. Most have 19.5 wheels/tires though. 22.5's occur on late '50's early tubeless tires
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | |
| |