The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ponchogl, Otto Skorzeny, 39Master85, Southerntruck, 50Chevy3100, BC59, 1 invisible), 136 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1285533 10/31/2018 8:44 AM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
5
Moderated
Moderated
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 1
Greetings. I'm a retired military guy who lives up in the woods of Washington State near the Canadian border. My Dad bought a 1971 GMC 3/4 new and owned it until he gave it to me in 1994. I had it for several years then one Saturday morning in 1996 I woke up to the sound of the Blazer owned by my neighbor up the hill, rolling down the hill and landing on top of the cab of my truck. I took it to the local body shop which is where it was when we had a flood and the truck was washed downriver. At that point, the truck was pretty much a total loss, or so I thought. Fast forward to 2015 when I see what I think is the truck driving through the little town near where I live The hood is a different color and from a Chevy but I think it is the truck. I see it a few more times before I finally see it parked at the local grocery store. I park and wait and until a woman comes out and I go and talk to her. I tell her the story and let her know if she ever wants to sell it to let me know. Well, a few months ago I see it pop up for sale on a local Facebook group by the same woman and her husband and I buy it. The transmission went out when I was driving it about a month later but I really don't care that much. I got the truck back.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to Stovebolt. A great story with a great ending.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Welcome new guy.

Great story! It should be fun for you to be "back in the saddle" with a reacquainted family member.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Thanks for sharing. I wish my son had any interest in my truck I have had since 1983 when he was 12. I also had a 1960 MGA roadster for 49 years and he had no interest in it either, BTW he is 46 yrs old.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Nice story. I sold my fathers 66 GMC (after I had it for about 10 years). It is in Florida now, rodstorated and in good hands.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 21
3
diesel weasel
diesel weasel
3 Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Great story, hope you can follow it up with a worthy rehab.


Sharp knives
Accurate Rifles
Smooth Whiskey

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0