The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, klhansen, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, 1 invisible), 178 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1271716 07/08/2018 6:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
I have a 350 V-8 in my 1963 C-10. There's about 18" between the radiator and back of the fan. Haven't had any problems with cooling yet, but would like to buy a shroud to promote good airflow through the radiator. Any advice on sources for aftermarket shrouds would be much appreciated.


Bill
1963 C-10 Stepside Longbed
350 V-8, 5-speed manual
Full-time Rver living in my motorhome
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
The Truck Shop has them in their catalog. Also, check the aftermarket suppliers listed on this site.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
If our traveling and near Charlotte N.C. the Truck Shop has a place there in Concord, N.C. just a mile of I-85.... same exit to Charlotte motor speedway. Stop in and tell them I said hi.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 7
Thanks


Bill
1963 C-10 Stepside Longbed
350 V-8, 5-speed manual
Full-time Rver living in my motorhome
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
I just bought a shroud from Classic Parts. It was the cheapest I could find at $109. I am waiting on the shroud seals for the side baffles so I can install it, but it looks like it'll work perfect. I have a Chevy 350 w/ a long water pump and a manual fan. (1964 C10) Janine

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
I installed the fan shroud from Classic Parts. Like everything else that's after-market it had to be modified to fit, meaning... I had to drill holes in it to line up with where the clips fit and I had to cut out a notch on each bottom corner to clear the shroud brace. It was a bit of a pain to get it in, since I had already attached my battery tray, but I got 'er done. Janine


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0