The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (HandyAndy, 1946chevytruck, Otto Skorzeny, 37 GC, 1955 1 Series), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,607
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Anyone know of a quality shop that rebuilds old pressure plates.....in this case its for a 1937 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.
I'm trying to help an 84 year old gentleman get his going. A name, company, phone number.... if you have knowledge we need to tap into it.

Thanks for any responses.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
Here is an old school "clutch & brake" shop that I have used.

Clutch Specialty Auto Parts
A Division of A&G Friction, LLC
944 Murphy Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30310

Call: 404-753-6686
[email protected]


Give them a try, if they can't help you, they may know someone that can. Good luck

SimS

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
If you have no luck with that one try these guys. It has been in business for YEARS and they rebuild all types. I've used them many times.

Unique Automotive
693 West Booneslick Rd
Jonesburg, MO 63351
636-488-5242 / 636-488-5469 fax

http://www.uniqueclutches.com

Good luck


Larry
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Y
yar Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Alvin,

My '36 Chevy pickup has a "hair trigger" clutch engagement and I understand that problem wasn't solved until the 1938 model year. I really have to pay attention to get smooth clutch engagement. There is no progressive feel to it. If I had the restoration to do over I'd adapt a late model pressure plate onto the '36 flywheel. I have a 1971 Dodge van that bought new and its clutch engagement has always been silky smooth. Even from a stop on a steep uphill the clutch is perfectly smooth and easy to operate.

I'd find a modern pressure plate the right diameter and use that. Your friend should also resurface the flywheel while it's accessible.



Ray
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thanks to all of you that responded.

Sent the info to Truman and just got off the phone with him. He is so very pleased to have the info. He was, or has been, so frustrated over that. Now he can sleep better tonight because of those willing to help.

Thanks to Stovebolters everywhere.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0