Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
191
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 | [b][/b] hello I'm a newbie who needs a little help how can I tell physically diff. between 1/2 & 3/4 ton 1937 chevy master truck | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to Stovebolt.com. Please stop by the Welcome Forum and tell us about yourself and your project. We have several ‘37 owners among our ranks. I have approved your post so responses will be along soon. ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 | thank u and 2nd thank u 2everyone 4 there help to come. a quick and dirty w.b. measurement by myself I got 124 1/2 " this is a appox. gm says 3/4 w.b is 122.25 serial plate reads 21gdo7 9009 master I know what 21gd means thank u stovebolt . previous owner thought plate might have been changed ? no title just bill of sale, so I'm trying 2 figure out just what I got. shes all steel and in better shape then I could have hoped darn ebay and yes there might have been a wee bit of alchol involved . thanks again everybody for any and all help.
Last edited by Justhorsenround; 12/24/2017 3:02 AM. Reason: Profanity
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Try and go back and get the bill of sale notarized. Then go to the DMV and see how to proceed. If the seller is far away, keep a copy of your bill of sale, before you send it off.
That should get you started.
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Yes, the 37 was the first year for all metal. Other ways are to measure the bed. I do not have my measurements in front of me but I believe the 1/2 ton wheel base should be around 114 or maybe 116.
Would love to see a picture when you can. Nice catch by the way. A new stovebolter here in S.C. just lucked up and found a 37 pickup. Document everything and I wouldn't spend a lot of money on it till I had something in my hand showing ownership. Would hate to spend money on it and have a hard time getting a title. Each state is a little different so Ed gives some good advice.
We're here to help so keep us posted. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,215 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,215 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 | thank you joe.Now have it saved to folder. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 | by the way that's a pretty cool 1937 you have joe H | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Your serial number breaks down as follows; 21 = plant ID G = 1937 D = 3/4 ton truck 07 = July 9009 = unit number starting with 1001 Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2017 Posts: 51 | thank you for clearing that up. greatly appreciated | | |
| |