The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1243331 11/14/2017 11:19 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
Just recently joined and have been reading and learning and continuing to work on my 1959 Apache 3100. Tend to read more than post but I so far have been enjoying this knowledgeable forum.


1959 Apache 31
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Porsche, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. The quad headlight truck has always been a favorite of mine over the years. I'm sure you have much to contribute to the garage forums questions. We are here to help so don't be bashful and remember, there are not stupid questions here on the bolt. We all had to learn sometime/somewhere. Knowledge is the Best Resource!

EDIT: I was stationed in the UP of Michigan at K I Sawyer AFB in Gwinn/Marquette area. Loved it but the winter of 66 was the worst on record up to that time. Damned it was col.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 11/15/2017 12:39 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
Yes the UP does have some cold temps. I have had my Apache for 25 years and did most of the restoration in the late 1990's. I left it parked in my pole barn for 20 years and just pulled it out in Sept of this year. I have finished up many little projects on it, have it running like a top and am making plans for paint next summer. I did not work on it that interim due to two other auto projects but now the time is available and it seems like these trucks are hot right now.


1959 Apache 31
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you have a garage or workshop to work on it.
Leo

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 54
Yes I have a nicely equipped heated shop area in the pole barn. Today I painted the areas inacessable when the heater will be in place, and tidied up a few little areas.


1959 Apache 31
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! Sounds like a nice truck, especially since you have had it tucked away for that long!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Big fan of the 59s. I have one too ! My wife is from Michigan (Wayland) and she told me that driving my bolt was a challenge!! But driving anything in a Michigan Winter would be very hard for this Native Texan!! grin


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0