The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1226755 07/23/2017 4:33 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 58
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 58
Hello all, can anyone please advise me on what material GM used for sounded deadening in AD trucks? Was there any material used on the underside of the hood? Thanks in advance....Clint

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
47-55 : no sound deadener on the underside of the hood.

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 338
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 338
Is it worth it to put sound deadening under the hood?


1954 Chevy custom 261CID, T-5 5 Speed.
1952 Chevy 6400 2 ton hydraulic flat bed.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Personal choice....some like the "rattle" of the stovebolt 6 and some can't stand it. I probably wouldn't.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
rattle?

Come to NC, Alvin, I'll take you for a non-rattling ride.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Tim, its on my bucket list.....promise. (my 50 never rattled either but it did have a tick tick tick. LOL


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 103
I've never had one with anything more than the rubber mat! Doesn't mean you can't put your own in there, though. Material of the day would have been felt, or a lot of it looked like oakum. You can get products akin to "Lizard Skin" that spray on to control that tin can sound. I have also seen truck that people applied undercoating to the underside of the hood and other areas. Not that it stayed on, mind you, but they applied it!


My 1955 GMC 450 Dump Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Elderly Iron
"Performance" is the pursuit of a toy that won't break.

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0