The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Does anyone have a good source for the steel brake line and wiring clamps used on AD trucks? These are the clamps that secure brake lines and wiring to the frame rails or cross members. Some of mine are missing, others are rusted and/or broke. I haven't found much locally other than cheap plastic replacements. Maybe someone has a stash of these clamps and would part with them?

Thanks,


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Check out the vendors in the Links section.

Jim Carter Truck Parts - http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/
Classic Parts - Classic Truck Parts : http://www.classicparts.com/
Chevs of the 40s - https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/

They all sell a variety of clips/clamps

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Thanks Tim!

I was hoping to find some 'original' style clamps, but at least there are some options..........

Classic Parts
Chevys of the 40s


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Andy,

Post links to pictures of what you are looking for.

Also, Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. has an icredible collection of small parts. The only "problem" is finding them in their catalog. They also have a GM section in the catalog.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,113
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,113
Jim Carter's PN EL175 looks original, but I could be wrong.

Maybe if you post a link to a picture of what you're looking for, someone could help.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Good ideas and options.

Here's what I have and it came from an inner fender well. Wire Clip 1 Wire Clip 2
They appear to be used fro 1/4" brake lines too.

I guess I didn't see the JC clips and I even called them to see if they carried them!

Wiring Harness Clip EL175

Thanks guys,





Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 631
Page 225 of the Filling Station parts catalog as several stock style clips shown.

https://www.fillingstation.com/catalog/flippingbook/files/mobile/index.html#226

Last edited by showkey; 07/13/2017 9:40 PM.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Jim Carter pretty close but Out Of Stock! Same part as Classic Parts 52-905 .


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
If they are not being seen I like to use the "coated rubber" clamps/straps on the steel brake and gas lines..... but that's just me.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 444
'
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
' Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 444
Andy, Inline Tube . com has an excellent selection .

https://www.inlinetube.com/


George
'54 3600



1954 3600
A big help to many on the Bolt
Now cruising in
The Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 793
Thanks George,

These clips and clamps are even available for the correct model and year.

1947-1950 Chevrolet Truck


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0