The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59), 190 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,176
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#121905 09/06/2006 4:14 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 25
1
Apprentice
Apprentice
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 25
Had any experience with Painter's Pride single stage Urathane? It's half the price of Dupont, but cheap is not always best.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
I have not used Painter's Pride, but I have used a cheaper line called Omni. It's pretty good stuff, but it doesn't seem to match the quality of the name brands. If I'm going to paint something with a lot of prideful concern, I guess I would go with the proven product.

The paint is what there is the most of to look at. I guess I wouldn't take a chance on the cheap after getting this far.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
The difference between 50/gallon and 100/gallon isn't that much when you are talking about what you are going to have to look at and rely upon for the next 10+ years to protect your truck from rust and sun.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
#121908 09/07/2006 10:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 284
I agree with Builder and NM51 go with the better paint. I used the Omni brand and it's OK but I wish I had put the better clear on my truck. The depth is much better with the higher priced paints and clears. Although I was not going for a show truck just something that looked good I wish I had bought the better paint.


The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby
#121909 09/08/2006 12:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Ditto on the PPG Omni and on going with a top line paint. I used Omni primers and sealers on my Suburban and now wonder why.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0