| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Forty9, Jay R, TooMany2count, J Lucas, Gdads51, Goach2, John Dlugos),
209
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,155 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 25 | Had any experience with Painter's Pride single stage Urathane? It's half the price of Dupont, but cheap is not always best. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,971 | I have not used Painter's Pride, but I have used a cheaper line called Omni. It's pretty good stuff, but it doesn't seem to match the quality of the name brands. If I'm going to paint something with a lot of prideful concern, I guess I would go with the proven product.
The paint is what there is the most of to look at. I guess I wouldn't take a chance on the cheap after getting this far. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 | The difference between 50/gallon and 100/gallon isn't that much when you are talking about what you are going to have to look at and rely upon for the next 10+ years to protect your truck from rust and sun.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 284 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 284 | I agree with Builder and NM51 go with the better paint. I used the Omni brand and it's OK but I wish I had put the better clear on my truck. The depth is much better with the higher priced paints and clears. Although I was not going for a show truck just something that looked good I wish I had bought the better paint. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Ditto on the PPG Omni and on going with a top line paint. I used Omni primers and sealers on my Suburban and now wonder why. | | |
| |
| |