The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (papas52, Otto Skorzeny, Lightholder's Dad, Millenimech), 167 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119871 03/13/2006 2:40 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Anyone ever use this:

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#119872 03/13/2006 4:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
never have but I really can't figure out where I would use it except on the battery box and cables.

#119873 03/14/2006 2:45 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
They say you can use it all over, especially underneath - wheelwells, etc.

A guy stopped in the store last Sunday and swears by it.


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#119874 03/14/2006 3:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That is what I use where others use WD40 and it is really amazing. I am part way through restoring a very rusty truck and I have undone some pretty unlikely candidates using Fluid Film. I also used it to free up my stuck 216 that sat out in the weather for over 15 years.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#119875 03/14/2006 7:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Do you plan to put a layer of application underneath for protection? That's what I understood it was for... to prevent rust after refinishing.... sounds like you're using it to free up stuck stuff, yes?


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#119876 03/16/2006 8:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Larry,
I buy mine in a spray can and I use it like penetrating oil, on threads that stick after acid cleaning and sometomes for the cutting edges of a drill bit or tap.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0