| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Gib70, Joe H, KEVINSKI, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,451 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Does anyone have any input on duel carbuerator setups? I have a Fenton setup with 2 Rochester B's. Tomorrow I'm going to install them, any tips and where's the best place to get stainless steel or steel fuel and vacuum lines locally?
Scott
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,225 | Most of us who run dual setups make our own fuel lines. SS will be harder to fit due to the tight bends and double flares, but it can be done with the proper tools.
I am guessing your carburetors are a matched set? with matching ID numbers and internal metering? If not, better start again, they must match due to the large number of variations in the Model B. Off the shelf rebuilds usually don't work, since rebuilders mix and match parts, thats why you won't find number tags.
Joe | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,829 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,829 | Plumb them with rubber lines- - - -it will be easier to switch back to original when you figure out you've got one too many carburetors. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Hi Joe, thank you for the reply... Yes my B's match and I rebuilt them myself. My local Carquest store had the lines I needed to plumb the carbs. As soon a I get them up and running I'll post the results.
Scott
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 | Quick question, do I run a choke cable to both carbs or just a chock cable to one carb?
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I have successfully done one cable and two cables (chokes). Take the choke plate off the non-choked carb.
What year/size engine? What year/engine carbs?
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 205 |
Chevytruckdaddy
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 | I did both chokes on the W-1 set up I did. Much better in the cold New England winters. I buy a choke cable from a British Triumph sports car. Most of the imports in the 50's and 60's ran dual carbs and developed various ways to run cables. The Triumph has a single knob and splits into 2 cables behind the dash. Simple installation, just replace the knob with the Chevy one. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 408 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 408 | I switched to dual carbs and love the way engine runs. Send me you number and i will text you pictures of fuel line set up i used. Paul. 828-446-4282
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Important to get two EXACT carbs. Same jets, make, model, etc.
Get a unison tool to make them play nicely together.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | |
| |
| |