The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 127 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,442
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Does anyone have any input on duel carbuerator setups? I have a Fenton setup with 2 Rochester B's. Tomorrow I'm going to install them, any tips and where's the best place to get stainless steel or steel fuel and vacuum lines locally?

Scott


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,225
Most of us who run dual setups make our own fuel lines. SS will be harder to fit due to the tight bends and double flares, but it can be done with the proper tools.

I am guessing your carburetors are a matched set? with matching ID numbers and internal metering? If not, better start again, they must match due to the large number of variations in the Model B. Off the shelf rebuilds usually don't work, since rebuilders mix and match parts, thats why you won't find number tags.

Joe

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,829
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,829
Plumb them with rubber lines- - - -it will be easier to switch back to original when you figure out you've got one too many carburetors.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Hi Joe, thank you for the reply... Yes my B's match and I rebuilt them myself. My local Carquest store had the lines I needed to plumb the carbs. As soon a I get them up and running I'll post the results.

Scott


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Quick question, do I run a choke cable to both carbs or just a chock cable to one carb?


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
I have successfully done one cable and two cables (chokes). Take the choke plate off the non-choked carb.

What year/size engine?
What year/engine carbs?

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 205
Thank you Tim


Chevytruckdaddy
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
I did both chokes on the W-1 set up I did. Much better in the cold New England winters.
I buy a choke cable from a British Triumph sports car.
Most of the imports in the 50's and 60's ran dual carbs and developed various ways to run cables. The Triumph has a single knob and splits into 2 cables behind the dash. Simple installation, just replace the knob with the Chevy one.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
I switched to dual carbs and love the way engine runs. Send me you number and i will text you pictures of fuel line set up i used.
Paul. 828-446-4282

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Important to get two EXACT carbs. Same jets, make, model, etc.

Get a unison tool to make them play nicely together.



SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0