Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28),
96
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Wayne Alderson and his family would like to host a dinner and get-together at his residence this year. Many trucks to see and good people to converse with. If interested, please mention so here. We would like to get an approximate head count for the dinner. Local 'Bolters welcome too, let us know how many! I'll post the address soon for the Google Mappers and GPS users. Thanks, Scott | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Great Scott! Count Vicki and me in. I just found out, that Bill may have been a pole vaulter in high school. If so, his coach is our neighbor at the lake.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Very kind invite. Count me in! Leo | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | me and maybe one other have not heard yet.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Not arriving until late Friday afternoon so we will have to pass. Hope y'all have a blast.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,708 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,708 | Awesome! Count 2 for us. Thanks to Wayne Alderson Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Getting to see the Alderson truck collection is well worth going a day early for. Plus their hospitality is spectacular. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 "MONGO" | | "MONGO" Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 | Scott if there's interest anyone that would like to meet up at my Salvage Yard and Convoy out could do so. Depending on what time we're to be at Aldersons we could meet an hour or so before, get a quick nickle tour and roll out in a pack. Mongo | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Sounds like a plan....what time you thinking??? Scott | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | For those who want to know how to get to the Aldersons, here is the address
31806 E. Truman RD Buckner, MO 64016
Scott | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 137 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 137 | First off, thank you very much to the Alderson's for putting on the event. We'd like to bring something just let us know what you would like. As for meeting at Mongo's, I think that is a great idea! Maybe even a short tour while there! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | Maybe a dessert dish Mike, but all we really want is everyone's company for a few hours! Everyone with an interest in old trucks is welcome, you need not own one to partake! The more, the merrier! Scott | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 59 | I think Caryn and I will be there. Thx | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Vicki and I will be coming from the east on I-70. Do you have a round-about time to meet at the Aldersons? We will not make Mongo's tour and will be ready for the hotel not too much later. I want to thank the Aldersons for their hospitality and encourage more bolters to attend. It is a show in itself. Great People!
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 3,068 | I'll be out there in the early afternoon but im guessing the dinner will be around the 6 pm hour. Anyone can come earlier or later but we may put you to work if we aren't set up quite yet! ha Scott | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | I am planning on being there, along with my son Scott (Lightholder). Kent | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Vicki and I will be aiming for the 5pm time period and can help out with the chores that will need to be done. Maybe check the oil on the V-12 Firetruck?
Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 08/29/2016 3:48 AM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 "MONGO" | | "MONGO" Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 623 | I'll be at the yard all day so anybody is welcome to come and go as they'd like, come earlier if you'd like to get a tour of the yard and poke around. My thought would be to convoy from here out to Alderson's about 5:00 Should be an easy 20 minute drive. To get to my yard from Interstate 70 and the Noland Road Exit (Exit 12) Here's a map. Really easy to get here. https://goo.gl/maps/SC44ciQzuWnHere's a map of our Route from my yard to Alderson's https://goo.gl/maps/xETdvG1jarP2Just to Clarify this is not my open lot that several Bolters visited before but my Salvage Yard of just 34-72 GM Trucks. Here's some pics they're 2 years old and a lot's changed but they'll give you the idea. https://goo.gl/photos/esieXzMSPjt5fUg87Mongo | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Wow! Thursday. Junk Yard Tour. BBQ and a private museum tour.
Friday Vicki and I may not make the Steamboat tour Friday and will be setting up the StoveBolt HQ. Live band Friday night and Saturday afternoon from what I have read.
Saturday The show, with 200+ trucks, a few How to seminars, Group picture, the Stovebolt meeting, and then a BBQ dinner at the park.
Sunday It will be a slow start and loading trucks. May stay around for the awards and we usually get several from our gang. If Vicki and I stay very long Sunday, we'll probably stay at the hotel Sunday night and head home Monday.
Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 08/30/2016 2:06 AM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | We will be in late Friday afternoon, prior commitment makes it impossible to be there for Thursdays events. We can help Don with setting up if we get in early enough.
We will have to be on the road by noon Sunday due to early AM commitments on Monday. We can visit a bit Sunday but cannot stay for awards.
Looking forward to meeting some of the crew.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Great Martin! I have been roped in to coordinate the Stovebolt activities and can use all the help I can get.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Don, I learned many years ago to measure the rope and stand a couple of feet farther out. 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,600 | Well Martin! I thought about throwing a lasso at you, but being your first time there, John, Peggy and I will give you a free run for a while. I used to have a good throwing arm, so don't get too close. You will have a better time than you think and you will be back.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | How far in a cab from Econolodge I land at 4-30 so I would be Econolodge at 5-30 by the time I get settled in room then wouldn't mind going out there and get ride back with someone Karen said she would be happy to stay at Econolodge and catch some rest after our flight
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Hey Tim you have a ride. Leo | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | That will be great sent you a pm Leo
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 12 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 12 | count Terri and Jerry Rivers in Sounds like a great primer coat for the show. Jerry
Thank you, Jerry ------------------------------------ Jerry's Body Shop #52 [email protected]816-833-4414 ------------------------------------
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 59 | Scott & Don,
Sorry for the late notice, but Caryn and I will not be able to attend this evening. See you tomorrow.
Joe | | |
| |