Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,257 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2016 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2016 Posts: 3 | Hi there, I just bought a nice 1954 Chevy 3100 deluxe cab who I've named "The Mermaid". She's totally unmolested and runs like a dream and as far as I'm concerned I'll just do the basic work here and there and drive it as a fun truck around town...although I have put on a set of Fenton's and dual exhaust..couldn't resist!
I do need some information on new stock rims as she has both 16's and 17's on her, I'll search the forum or maybe someone has a good link? Thanks!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136941675@N04/
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome Steve, nice truck. I think they should be 16s all around. Have fun cruising with it. Leo
Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/25/2016 1:45 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the Stovebolt and congrats on such a nice find. The guys over in the Driveline Forum, or general truck forum may be able to answer some questions about Wheels.
Like the picture of your truck... nice.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/25/2016 1:49 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2012 Posts: 256 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2012 Posts: 256 | Hello and welcome to Stovebolt !!
Nice looking truck there, and TONS of helpful people around here to answer questions 1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express TruckLove the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932 The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell[/font] - - In the Stovebolt Gallery-- In the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Welcome to Stovebolt.com, Steve
I am partial to 1954 trucks. Mine are set-up like yours.
Look for 6.50x16" rims with hub cap clips and little rust on the "inside" (where the tires seal).
LT215/85R16 light truck radials work fine on those without tubes (if non-rusty wheels) or with tubes (if rusty wheels). | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | welcome for Tx, very pretty truck would look great in my garage what rear gearing do you have Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | welcome to the site! That looks like it is in great shape! | | |
| |