Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 1,101 | I joined Stovebolt in January this year (2016) I was replying to a "New Guys" question and noticed it said "New Guy" under his name. It made me curious so I looked at my name and I am listed as a "Wrench Fetcher". I love it. I am honored to be promoted to wrench fetcher as I probably don't deserve to even carry the tools of some of the very knowledgeable and experienced members on this site. I can't start my day anymore without checking out the latest post. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Sounds like you're addicted/afflicted...join the crowd! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Dave, its just a "moniker" all in good taste as we get to know each other. We were all "new guy" and "wrenchfetcher" in the beginning. As you post and your post count goes up the "designation" you receive will change. I don't know the "numbers" as to when but they do change. However, that is no sign of seniority. Some members may not post a lot and still be a new guy. You can always see that on the right side of our post as to when we joined and the post count. As you can see, my post count is quite high...but not as high as "Jokers". I've been here a while but as one of the moderators for the welcome center my post count doesn't signify I'm any smarter than anyone else or that the post were made answering questions. I think this should explain it...... Congrats on your promotion to Wrench Fetcher  See ya around the garage. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 | An FYI (since I saw this question another time), 15000 posts is "Boltergeist" -- I think John made that one up specifically for Joker since he *may* have the most posts on the site. We saw a movie the other day (sci fi, of course) that had some interesting creature. We thought it would make a good title for the next step up in the Bolter titles. I should have written it down because I don't remember it. It was funny, tho - with the Bolter twist to it. As Alvin mentioned, we have a lot of folks who don't post much ... or they PM (a bit shy, I suppose). It's never been a criteria for how much you know ... or don't. We need something clever besides "new guy" ... wonder what we had before??? When we had an upgrade, I think we lost the custom titles we made. We were frantically getting all the other things fixed, that we put these titles together as best we could remember. Memory is getting to be one of our NOT strong points.  Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | I hear ya, Peg! That darn CRS disease gets to all of us. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Peg, I think you should move from Worker Bee to Queen Bee. You should tell John that I recommend that. Where would we all "bee" without you? See what your "honey" says to that.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 | Funny Ken.  Oh, I would not want to be Queen of anything. I have had plenty of shots at that. Good thing we moved every three years (USMC), or I would have been beheaded a few times. Maybe I can change it to "tired old bee" next birthday. Better than "an old bat" ... Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 | Gosh, it must be raining all over the place. There are a lot of people on the site! WE are finally having rain and it's chilly!
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | I have a friend who's father ,(when we were young) called us "drones" ,and put us to work | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 273 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 273 | Gosh, it must be raining all over the place. There are a lot of people on the site! WE are finally having rain and it's chilly! Not here, not yet, although its been predicted for weeks. Send some up here! We're scared of a drought! The worst scenario is that it'll drive up the cost of beer because of poor wheat crops! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | Peggy, You,ll Never Bee a Tired O,ll Bee to Us! Get that silly thought Out of Your Head! We along with John would have a S^*#Hot Bad time without You! Back on Topic, How About.... Apprentice, Wrench fetcher, "B" Mechanic, Mechanic, Shop Shark, ....ETC. regards steve sr.
ps enjoy the mail?
Last edited by steve sr; 05/17/2016 7:58 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 924 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 924 | I gave myself an honorary Doctorate degree in fetching wrenches I liked it so much. The few. The proud. The Wrench Fetchers.
Nice post, Dave in KY.
Brad Wrench Fetcher, PhD | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 | Yes, this was nice to re-visit. Seems as I am clearing out stuff, I am coming across little fix-its here and there. I like it that we are a bunch of wrenchers. We liked it so much, that was the main point on the Homecoming t-shirts. We may have to do something in CafePress. The other most popular "statement" about this lot is the "Social Networking with a Wrench" ... hope to do more. *Plan* to do more. You all with bucket lists -- my list would be a blank page. 
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | |
| |