The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (rfs56trk, tclederman, Gdads51, Wally / Montana, 39Master85, ndkid275), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
1952 Chevy Truck. The remote door latches don't fit in the door cavities. The rod is almost touching the door. And of course the cardboard panels don't fit either. It seems that with the 3 mounting holes, it only goes one way.....but it just doesn't look right. Any help would be appreciated.....

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
The remote goes above on a 52

Glued spacers hold the door cards out

...link...

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
I'm going to try shortening the connecting rods.....I have old ones to experiment with....what are door cards?

Last edited by trainboy; 04/02/2016 4:00 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I believe he is talking about the cardboard side panels. The sponge pieces help keep the cardboard from rubbing the mechanisms.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
The indentations in the door panel look like the rod should follow the indent, but the two have nothing to do with each other. The fact the rod goes across the higher part of the panel looks out of place to the eye.
If you have the foam donuts on the spindles and a couple foam blocks, the cards fit just fine. Even without the blocks, it just rubs on the back of the cardboard, no big deal.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
there is a large bump at the remote lock spindle. The bump is higher with the foam blocks. Spacers would have to be at least 5/8" thick.

Last edited by trainboy; 04/02/2016 4:00 PM.
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
DADS50, you take the best pictures, keep it up. root

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
I'll second that! DADS50, the "official" stovebolt photographer. many thanks!! Mike

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
DADS50, the "official" stovebolt photographer AND videographer.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Thanks

I appriciate it

Being an old dude with youngins. I figured I better document everything on the truck so my boys will have a reference ( just in case)

Its come in handy

Some of the videos are simple in nature, by design.

All my pics are in my signature line....untill google changes everything



Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
I've used your pics for reference, will have to check out the front disc/rear drum setup here in the future! Thanks, Mike

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
I finished altering the door latches to fit the cavities. Left latch to right, mount upside down and visa virus. Weld a tab for the third mounting hole. Shorten and flatten the pull rod. I have photos showing the alteration but don't know how to add photos to this site.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Do you push to open?

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
with the handle angled forward and slightly up......I pull up.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Door handle angle has been "discussed" here before. Not sure if they are the same all years but my experience is looking at the drivers door my handle is at "7" o'clock and I pull up it to open, push down to lock.....passenger side loos like 5 o'clock.

I think someone here, Tim??, had a factory picture of a door but my memory is old and muddy.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 24

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Good job

Thats how the 47-48 were ran I believe



Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0