The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ponchogl), 163 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,182
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1139371 12/14/2015 6:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
I have recently purchased a 1950 Chevy 5-window. I am new so I can"t PM, but I am trying to contact Scott Danforth to see if he has any of his crossmembers available. how can I do this?

Scott H. #1139411 12/14/2015 10:33 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Scott. As soon as you make 4 posts, you are good to go. That's probably the easiest way to get him. On your next post, why don't you show us a pic of the truck?
Leo

Scott H. #1139416 12/14/2015 11:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
Here is the truck. 400 small block. no other modifications.....yet


http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/sun8130/media/IMG_1250_zpsj7wkt6ou.jpg.html

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 477
where do you live? i'm in cicero north of Noblesville.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
I'm 7 miles west of Plainfield on the west side of Indy. I also have a 64 GMC

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
I tracked down Scott Danforth, ordered and received his crossmember, and have started the IFS process.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
New addition to the shop. not sure if this is the place to post or not but here is a photo

http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/sun8130/media/IMG_1250_zpsj7wkt6ou.jpg.html

Scott H. #1157342 03/29/2016 12:34 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Scott, five windows and stainless trim is a good thing! I see you have 5 lug on the front but what is under the rear?? That new addition looks like a driver!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Scott H. #1157413 03/29/2016 12:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 7
i am not sure what rear end was in it when i picked it up, but it was 6 lug. I just uploaded a new picture of the truck with the new Danforth IFS and a rear out of a 95 Impala SS. proper width with disc brakes.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0