The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, D B Cooper, Otto Skorzeny, Ponchogl), 148 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,144
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Looks great, excellent work.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jim, really nice job. Thanks for sharing the pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
that looks amazing Jim

What colour is the beige?

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
It was mixed to match the mid 40's Chevy color Sport Beige.
I found the original mix formula and took it to my PPG dealer. The factory crossed it to color 4718 Khaki in the Concept brand I use.

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 42
Looks great, every truck over here seems to be red ive seen one blue one but thats it

so I'm looking for something a little different, I like yours (wont do the same becasue thats just um weird)

I'm thinking a 70's Holden colour called Duram Beige

I like how youve carried the colour through to the metal work inside the cabin

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
Because it is a restomod and not a restoration, every piece of cab sheet metal was painted inside and out with the sport beige. The color contrast was provided by the leather, dark brown carpet and windlace and the chocolate brown chassis and bed frame.
Don't know if you picked it up in any of the earlier pics, but the color separation ended with the inner fenders painted beige on the inside so the engine compartment is all 1 color and brown on the outside to carry the chassis color to the front.

Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
Wow, awesome job Jim!


1952 Chevrolet 1700 Bickle Seagrave
"Old Smokey'"
Following the build in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
The doors didn't have arm rests/door closers originally.
Dealing with door closing problems (Re Body and Paint/doors)I bought new replacements.
Since the door panels are leather nothing would match, so I took the new ones to the woman who does my seats and asked her to do them in some of the leather I had left.
She stripped the covers off the new pieces and then cut and sewed leather to fit.
They are beautiful! Fit and stitching is great. The pieces feel bigger in your hand (and softer) because the leather is much thicker than the synthetic material. Sometimes it's all in the details.
Worth every penny of the $100 she charged.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0