Tks Alvin, don't go to far out of your way, I know how busy
you already are.
Yep, that's what I need Don. I could probably get away with a
flat cover but since I'm a 95% perfectionist even with
something like this mill, I'd like to find a cover more
suited for it.
It’s a 6-wheel heavy duty Aluminum Pallet Dolly Don, good to 3600lbs.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#pallet-dollies/=10d2gjv Got both my mills on one.
It allows me to move the mills around when I need to. I just shim the dolly frame level when
I get them where I want them. Pop the shims out when I need to move them. Makes
moving a Bridgeport as easy as pushing a baby buggy around. If I were doing serious mill
work and needing to hold very close tolerance I’d have the mill leveled on solid floor
anchors but for the type of work I’m doing here, its close
enough. And yes, powered by a Phase-A-Matic 5hp rotary converter.
Jim, I had to have the internal leads rewired from 480v only
to 240 at the local industrial motor shop. checked with them
when I picked up the motor and the guy said he didn't have one.
Yeah Grigg, I realize they're not hard to get, it's the price
that's hard to swallow. I've been back and forth for a couple
of months between Bijur's site and a dozen other suppliers
comparing price. I just keep balking when I add up the cost
of the replacement parts. The pump is good, it holds pressure
and it's filter is good, the side of the plastic reservoir
was broken out and it was full of aluminum chips, so that
tells you how long it's been that the mill didn't have it's
'one-shot' lubricator working. None of the 10 metering units
will pass fluid. I've read where that is not uncommon and
there is no practical way to clean them because there's a
packing inside that gets clogged. Of course I've soaked them
in every solvent known to mankind but the check still seems
to be stuck in the closed position. All the plastic lines are
hard as a rock so I need new feed lines also along with the
drive bushings and compression sleeves. Really, about the
only thing that is reusable are the pump it self, the manifold
and the 90° elbows for the knee. I'm lookin' at just about
what I paid for the machine just to restore the lubricator.
I shouldn't balk, because the machine is a nice one with
hardened ways and worth a pretty good buck once it's cleaned
up, all the missing parts are replaced and it's back in adjustment.
dg