Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,720 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 | Big ODSS salute to Bread upon his selection for promotion to Master Sergeant, USMC (E-8) Earned, not given Semper Fi! We're proud of you, Brother!
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,608 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,608 | Congratulations Bread. You earned high respect from me, the first minute I met you. A man of Honor!
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Maybe a Homecoming wetting down is in order?? Congratulations Bread. Hurry home safe. HB | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Congratulations and well done Bread. Hope to see you soon. Billy | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,298 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,298 | You daggum skippy right there Hoss. Congratulations Mario! E-8? we know who's buying the first round of Pepsi when you get back home! Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Congratulations, as senior enlisted man, ODSS, I'll be the first to tack on that crow!
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Bread, congratulations and my pleasure to consider you a friend. (also tell mother in law the chipmunk said hello) | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Congratulations Brother. Can't wait to see you home and getting your truck moving again.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 | Brother Cosmo ... I must cry "Fowl" on that!! Strike the crows below and belay your swabbo nonsense. He proudly wears crossed rifles. He needs none of your birds or fouled anchors, Sir!
Hambone .... Carl's correct -- "Ya daggum skippy" about that! That first (or second) 3-rocker paycheck should be able to cover a keg (or 2) of 16-point DB.
And some chips.
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 457 | Congratulations and Semper Fi warrior! A huge accomplishment indeed. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | Congratulations Bread!!! I'll buy the beer next time your up.
Thank you for your service.
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Gentlemen, Thank you for the kind words and recognition, I guess this is my year. I am proud to serve our great country and I'll continue to stand on that wall as needed.
For sure there will be a wet down. Whether I'm back for Home Coming or not remains to be seen but it will happen. I'll make the proper notification to ensure that the word is passed and the drink of choice is in abundance, along with a feast fit for consumption.
I have to second the fowl on the pinning. I may be surrounded by a bunch of crows but these cross rifles are in the process of becoming bursting bombs.
It is bitter sweet to have been selected for promotion for I have been promoted out of a job. I'm not to sure where my family I and will go next but where ever the next adventure lies, we'll continue to contribute to the next regional group.
Thank you all for the support and being a part of the family, Mario | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,608 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,608 | Well Said Mario!! I feel blessed to have met you and to have shared some Bread with you. Pun intended. Hope to see you in April and the cold ones will be on me.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,236 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,236 | Bread,
Congrats on your recent promotion to E-8. Despite not being a marine, I want to welcome you to the E-8 family. It is not an easy task and not many make it to this level.
Chris | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 | Congrats Bread, is this a reserve promotion? Sorry boys, although my stepdad was a Helicopter gunner in Vietnam, had an uncle serve in the Marines in Korea, and my brother was a Marine..I'm not up on the military lingo. I'm pretty sure Bread is a little north of his 20's, so how do our more experienced military men get a promotion?
(Postscript - found out from Bread that he is actually in active duty, and a bright fellow as he is considering settling in Texas after retirement which will be good to have another bolter in our great state.)
Last edited by Allen Lane; 12/20/2015 3:44 PM. Reason: Because I was informed by Bread that Marines should always be capitalized ! I agree.
Allen Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude
1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer 1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer 1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod 1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great 1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week 1974 Stingray Corvette
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 | Ditto on what everyone has said. As the wearer of a crow myself I feel honored to have met you and know you.Larry
58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
| | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,729 |
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,298 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,298 | Oh great! Now how am I gonna be able to talk to him! I guess I'll start practicing my pushups. I don't think I can do one without crying from the pain. Seriously, holy crap you are shooting up the ladder! Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Looking good Mario! Congrats!!!!
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | |
| |