Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Wally / Montana),
102
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,720 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 | I wasn't looking for it, it found me! A 1946 Chevy SHORT, SHORT wheelbase wrecker with a one of a kind bed for the right price (cheap)! I have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks and learned so much good information that I just had to join. So far my plan is to keep the body as original as possible but with a newer motor and running gear. I already have a 7.3 IDI international diesel, and a 1996 3500HD for the running gear. Its going to be somewhat of a rat rod I guess!
1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome TowBolt, there's more wrecker guys on here. That should be a good combo for a work truck. Good luck! Leo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Towbolt, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. You are definitely in the right place. Your 46 sounds like just the fun project a man needs and this is the place to get plenty of help getting it done. Just be sure to ask question in the garage forums for the best results. Leo and I are part of the welcoming committee  ....but the guys in the shop forums are the real hero's! Good luck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | TowBolt;
Sounds like an interesting project. You need to post some pictures so we know what you're working with. There is a link to the instructions on the bottom left corner of the page.
Welcome aboard!
Thanks
Larry
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 | I hope I did this all right and the links to the pics work. I'm pretty sure that this is a home made bed. I have looked all over the web and never found another wrecker that looks like this one. I have the winch but the boom was scraped out at some time. I will have to find some old metal and build my own boom. Front view Side view Rear view
1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,989 | The links didn't work. Welcome to the Bolt! I love the 46 trucks. You'll find plenty of good advice here. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 | Lets see if I got it right this time. 46 Album
1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | It works now. That 46 is definitely a good conversation vehicle. Heck, kind of like it like it is. Its different! Good luck on the project and be sure to keep us posted with pics and let us help you when you need it. With you plans I think a couple guys in the Big Bolt forum will be of help. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Where u located in WA ?. I am in Birch Bay. Also hang out with a bunch of Bolters from B.C. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 4 | I'm over here on the dry side just north of the Tri Cities.
1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 11 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 11 | My in-laws live in Ritzville so pretty familiar with the eastside. Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your project. | | |
| |