The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (MNSmith, Otto Skorzeny), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
I wasn't looking for it, it found me! A 1946 Chevy SHORT, SHORT wheelbase wrecker with a one of a kind bed for the right price (cheap)! I have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks and learned so much good information that I just had to join. So far my plan is to keep the body as original as possible but with a newer motor and running gear. I already have a 7.3 IDI international diesel, and a 1996 3500HD for the running gear. Its going to be somewhat of a rat rod I guess!


1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome TowBolt, there's more wrecker guys on here. That should be a good combo for a work truck. Good luck!
Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Towbolt, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. You are definitely in the right place. Your 46 sounds like just the fun project a man needs and this is the place to get plenty of help getting it done. Just be sure to ask question in the garage forums for the best results. Leo and I are part of the welcoming committee smile
....but the guys in the shop forums are the real hero's!

Good luck.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 506
TowBolt;

Sounds like an interesting project. You need to post some pictures so we know what you're working with. There is a link to the instructions on the bottom left corner of the page.

Welcome aboard!


Thanks

Larry
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4

I hope I did this all right and the links to the pics work. I'm pretty sure that this is a home made bed. I have looked all over the web and never found another wrecker that looks like this one. I have the winch but the boom was scraped out at some time. I will have to find some old metal and build my own boom.
Front view

Side view

Rear view


1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
The links didn't work.
Welcome to the Bolt! I love the 46 trucks. You'll find plenty of good advice here.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Lets see if I got it right this time.

46 Album


1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
It works now. That 46 is definitely a good conversation vehicle. Heck, kind of like it like it is. Its different!
Good luck on the project and be sure to keep us posted with pics and let us help you when you need it. With you plans I think a couple guys in the Big Bolt forum will be of help.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Where u located in WA ?. I am in Birch Bay. Also hang out with a bunch of Bolters from B.C.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
I'm over here on the dry side just north of the Tri Cities.


1946 Chevy {shorty} wrecker
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
My in-laws live in Ritzville so pretty familiar with the eastside. Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your project.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0