The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (MNSmith, Otto Skorzeny), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1106109 06/02/2015 4:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
I want to insulate this area and I'm not sure of the correct procedure for removing the "panel". Are there special tools that I will need? Steve

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Can't think of any special tools. There is not much room in there to work so I used 6" wide sections and dropped them down into the door and then stuck them the best I could. Depends on what you use as to how it sticks to the inside of the door. Pull the panels and have at it. Nothing to it!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
If you pull the window you can drop full width x 18" or 20" sheets.
1/2" foam with the Al backing works well too.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
CASO how do you pull the window?

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
Here you go.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 815
Thanks CASO

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 38
When you say "pull the panels and have at it", I don't understand what panels you are talking about.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0