| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
192
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,143 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 122 | The threaded collar at the rear of the torque tube ball collar (see link to picture below) keeps backing out, resulting in a transmission leak. Any suggestions on how to make this thing stay put? http://lymanhall.smugmug.com/Trucks/1953-Chevrolet-3100-Truck/i-PHq3jZm/0/L/Ball%20Collar-L.jpg I can't find a torque value for tightening the collar, and have been using a pair of soft-jaw (curved-jaw) channel-locks. It gets loose after only a few miles' driving. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | put some thread locker (locktite) on it and let it sit overnight.
Note: Not sure on your model but most of these collars have a steel washer that goes in the screw cap, then the felt/cork gasket and then another steel washer. The felt/cork gasket gets squashed between the two steel washers as you tighten up the collar which helps it stay in place and keeps it from leaking.
Hope this helps...if all is good then you may want to "stake" the collar a little with a punch??? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 122 | Thanks AC, I think I'll try a couple rounds of teflon tape first and if that doesn't go I'll try the Loctite. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 | I wouldn't bother with the Teflon tape. Go with the suggested Loctite. I suggest Loctite PST (Pipe Sealant with Teflon). Does wonders.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |
| |