The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck, 5cameo8, TUTS 59, Youngin' Tut 59, Gray_Ghost), 93 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,599
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
I am working on the body of a 1941 chevy AK truck. I am wodnering if anyone has taken the complete hood latch apart to get rid of all the rust, clean it up and re-paint. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get the rod out, see picture.
http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/catfish_fry/library/Parts

Thank You,
Thad

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Can't see the back side of it but it appears to be sort of like my 37. If it has "tabs" bent over then just bend them up and be careful.
However, it looks like you can steel brush it with a bench grinder, or if possible sand blast it. Once finished I put a drop of light oil down inside where it turns.
Maybe someone who has actually taken one apart will chime in.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Thank you for the info. I was thinking about bending teh tabs that are wrapped around the rod but was a little worried about getting them back to ~original.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
thad, as it is getting cold weather the tabs can snap off easy if you planning to try it. Be careful and get them warm before trying it.....like lay them in the house over a heat vent smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0