The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (RLB, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny, Mr Crosswrench), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,391
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1066970 11/07/2014 5:00 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
New member but long time old truck owner.
Current truck is a '46 two ton.
454 Chevy,400 turbo,Hon-O-Drive overdrive. P30 A arm front suspension,P30 Dually rear axle. Hydroboost disc brakes and power steering.
Currently building an oversize Dually bed styled after the original bed.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Shercoman, welcome to the Stovebolt web page. I see you have a 2 ton so you'll probably have some questions for the Big Bolt Forum. Those guys are pretty sharp.
There are other Colorado bolters who hang out here so watch for them. One of them may be your neighbor! Good luck and post us up a picture when you can.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks for the welcome!!
I will have to learn how to post pictures.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome to the Bolt! Would love to see some pictures of THAT truck!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site, sounds like a work truck. Maybe you will be using it to haul stuff? I'll make it 3 for 3, need pictures.

Leo

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
This truck is a driver.It's nice but not built to show quality so I can haul things in the bed I'm building and actually use the truck.My intention is to drive it as much as possible.
Right now it's licensed and functional but not very useful with no bed on the back.I actually built it back in 2003-2004 and used it to haul a 30 foot fifth wheel camper from NM to CO when I moved here. Put it on the back burner since then with lifes other responsibilities.
The bed I am building is about 75% done. I built a tube framework and then had sheetmetal bent up to cover it.It looks like an original style bed but is wider like a modern Dually bed with original style outer fenders and modern style inner fenders.Tailgate with modern latch mechanism.
Have not decided on the bed floor.A beautiful Oak bed would be nice but using the truck would damage that quickly.Plus this truck has to set outside in the harsh Colorado sunshine.
I am thinking that I will use bright aluminum treadplate as it will take abuse,stand up to the sun and be easy to clean.
I will try to post some pictures this weekend.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
I have uploaded some pics to Photobucket.
We'll see if this works.

Click through the whole album.The pictures in the middle are of the A-arm front suspension and the rear disc brakes.
The pictures at the end are the bed build in progress.
The rear fenders are 3 inch wider 1/2 ton fenders. The cardboard is showing how the opening will be reshaped to allow for the larger diameter tires.
The bed sides will have the 45 degree bend at the top with a 1.75 diameter tube welded on for the "roll".
The bed is 60 inches wide but is tapered at the front to 50 inches wide to fit the cab width and look better.
The bed is 10 feet long and 22 inches deep, the same as my Silverado.The inner fenders will be the square style steel from the 67-72 series trucks.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/...0Truck/TruckPictures1005_zps4beb0420.jpg

Last edited by Shercoman; 11/09/2014 4:16 PM.
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
'46 Chevy two ton

Sorry for the double post.Learning how to do this.

Last edited by Shercoman; 11/09/2014 4:48 PM.
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,079
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,079
Mark,

Nice truck. Just added your picture link to your signature line so it'll be there whenever you post.

You have a good start to a Gallery submission. Will have to catch up with you to "finish it up."

Peggy M


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Peggy
Thanks!!

It will get finished if I could just stay after it!!
Too many other interests/diversions.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
welcome to the site ...

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 29
Thank you!!
Lots of great information and people here.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0