The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (texczech, Peggy M), 100 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,427
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Hey Folks! Just joined Stovebolt, but have been an active reader for the past couple of years. 2 years ago I purchased a 53 3100 5 window that had been sitting for the past 10 years or so, Treasure Valley of Idaho. It is currently my daughters high school mode of transportation, by her choosing! All original 235ci 4 speed with the exception of 6v wiper motor. Spent the last year and a half with my daughter making it road worthy and is now a daily driver, body style early American rust. Will post pics when I get educated in that area.
JB


1953 3100 5 Window
1959 American LaFrance
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome to the Bolt!
It's cool that your daughter can drive a 4 speed. Not that many kids can these days, especially one in a truck.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome. Your daughter will get a good education simply working with you on the truck. As Mark Twain once said, "Don't let schooling interfere with your education." Good luck with it, and hopefully you can have a turn driving it, too.

Leo

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13
Thanks 53 Panel. We've had a blast for the last year and a half, and we've both learned a bunch! Currently I offer to work on bits & pieces just so I get the keys once in awhile


1953 3100 5 Window
1959 American LaFrance
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome, Jb. I'm sure there are other Idaho bolters around here so watch for them.
Having your daughter as part of the adventure is just added joy. my youngest was 12 when I started the 37 and its still her favorite today even though she is 32. And believe me, she drives it like I do smile You have a lot to look forward to and tons of memories.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0