Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,143 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 309 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 309 | Hi all, Just wanted to add this truck to my profile. The '51 GMC that I have listed is not presently registered although it gets driven a bit occasionally. The '46 is my main truck. I found it in front of a Piggly Wiggly in 1985 and fell in love. Paid $2100 for it (which was WAY too much back then) and started redoing the mechanicals. Switched over to a '54 235 and an NOS 4 speed still in its WWII military crate. Did the cab and bed in 1990. Whoever dragged it out of a field in Alabama shot the blue paint and I've never seen a reason to change it. Here are some pictures. The decorated picture is from a 4th of July parade we were in in 2010. http://s456.photobucket.com/user/blastenpene/library/46%20Chev?sort=3&page=1Love this site! I have no idea how to add this truck to my signature - any suggestions?
Last edited by David Bush; 09/18/2014 2:05 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Very nice truck! I grew up with a 46 1 ton pickup that Dad had. At one point we gave it a very crude paint job (brushed it actually) in a baby blue color which was very similar to yours. Yours looks a whole lot nicer! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | David, nice looking pickup you have there. Had a '46 b back in '84 but had to sell it when the plant where I worked closed down. Never seen another one that I could buy.
...how did you get the '51 listed on your signature line?? Whatever you did do it again to add the '46....or send a note to Peggy with the link. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 309 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 309 | Hey Achipmunk,
I'm the same guy with the rear axle problem - that's the truck I'm trying to get back on the road. I wrote up a long story about getting the '51 GMC running and then almost getting killed when it came loose from a tow chain back in 2008 when I joined this site. I don't really have the same sort of story for the '46, but you're right, I guess I need to give Peggy a holler.
...actually, I just figured it out.
Last edited by David Bush; 09/17/2014 7:34 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Love it! And welcome back. Jim | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,074 | Okay, we've got the '51 in the new format and the story of the '46 is in the Gallery. You'll have to check the signature line for now as I haven't finished my November Gallery addition list yet.
Oh man, if you haven't read the story on the '51, you need to! Dave's got good pictures in his Photobucket, too.
Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 1 | David, I have a '46 1/2 ton Chevy with a flatbed (I think is original). I've had the truck licensed and inspected in PA since Dad and I bought it in 1971 for $112.50 (I was a freshman in college). I've been driving the truck ever since. 100% original. But I'm in the process of installing a 1961 261 Chevy engine, complete rebuild, and 3.55 gears, since I'm tired of driving around at 45 MPH. Everyone on the highway waves at me, some using the thumbs up sign, others using a different finger. I'd attach a pic of "Nellie", but I don't know how to do so.
John 1946 1/2 ton DD, 99% original Been driving "Nellie" since 1971
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | I'd attach a pic of "Nellie", but I don't know how to do so. John, Look at the last box/item in the left column by your post. It tells you how to post pictures. Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 12/01/2014 11:13 PM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |