The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
11 members (Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Woodcmiami, Shaffer's1950, Nick in Manitou, Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, walter74, 2 invisible), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,372
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
Hello all, I am new to Stovebolt but I can already see that it will be a tremendous value to me and my project. This last weekend I finally took delivery of a 1955 Chevy 6400 2 ton truck. As I understand from the seller, he bought it from the Mountain, WI fire department. It used to be a water hauler for their volunteer FD. This will be my first restore so I expect I will be on this site often. Here is a link to a couple of pictures.

[url=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/steve_lewis5/media/Facebook/Garage/10703908_10203965600331962_7447525742126516889_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0]Looking out the back of the garage.[/url] [url=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/steve_lewis5/media/Facebook/Garage/10649863_10203965600971978_5328870408564585585_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2]Delivery day[/url] [url=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/steve_lewis5/media/Facebook/Garage/10689592_10203965600531967_7102716203984409521_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1]Girls checking it out[/url]


1955 Chevy 6400 2-Ton
LewyBoys' Garage
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
LewyBoys, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. Congrats on your 2 ton truck. You'll find plenty of knowledge and great folks here and willing to share. With a 2 ton truck you will find the guys in the 2-Ton Forum know their stuff when it comes to old trucks.
Good luck, see ya around the garage.


...don't be surprised if you find other bolters in your area. They are here so watch for them.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Steve, nice looking truck. Be sure to ask here if you need help. Good luck with it.
Leo

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 163
Hello!

Welcome! Nice project!

Glad to see another 'Bolter from Wisconsin!

Randy B.
Slinger, WI


Come to the Great Lakes GABfest
Get all the details here!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Welcome & nice ride... Looks like the kids are enthused smile

Nice Truck HOME as well :! time to fill it full of Stovebolt Goodies


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0