The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (jaycoop, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, Shade Baby), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103900 11/07/2004 2:25 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 56
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 56
My front fenders have a few dents and dings and will have to be repaired. They also have some fairly heavy surface rust. I was planning to have them media blasted but am unsure of the order of repair. Should I work the metal then blast and then prime or the other way around, blast prime then work the metal. Seems to me it would be easier to work the metal after it was cleaned up. Also I listed my truck in the Gallery but I havent seen it yet. Geo.

#103901 11/08/2004 8:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
I would work the dents first. Use a body file to see all the high and low spots. The rust helps with the contrast. Clean it up before you weld or fill though.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
#103902 11/08/2004 9:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 56
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 56
Thanks Josiah,
I will use your tip of the body file. Geo.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0