The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (carbking, 2-Ton, Guitplayer), 205 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Here is a link to the build thread for my extended cab. For power, it will have a 348 punched out to 409.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=592642

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
Nice work and no fear!


Steve H
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
WOW! Great Pics! Incredible Dedication and Workmanship, not to mention the Really Cool Product!

Thnks for Sharing, Gasser!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Wow....just wow!

I often wonder what you guys get upto in those loooong dark winters.

Now I know,keep up the good work.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
That whole project would just plain scare me away. Just WAY over my skills. I like the availability of your boneyards though. Lots of pullin' and pickin' there. A really nice build. I like your daughter's International build too. Keeping 2 extensive truck build projects going at the same time must be "fun". grin


Drew
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Thanks for the interest everyone. I finally figured out how to post pictures with the new computer, so hopefully get some added soon.

DrewP: It is interesting juggling the two big builds. I also just got my wife's Anglia running again to keep her happy and am in the process of pulling the motor out of my blue Thames since I scattered the bottom end in it recently. I never intended to have this many on the go, but they keep following us home.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Alaska Gasser,

Great story, and an incredible build! The thought of finding a treasure trove of old iron in the great north woods is quite exciting in itself. I am more of a restoration guy but still like your concept. The 348 will really make it stand out in a crowd, not that an extended cab AD is common. Your fabrication skills are impressive.

I am guessing that moss does not grow on the tread of your boots.

Welcome to the Stovebolt, and I look forward to watching your progress.

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by Alaska gasser
I also just got my wife's Anglia running again to keep her happy.

I thought I saw the little 'Brit' Ford hiding in the corner.

I see you've got your priorities in order too,keep 'the boss' happy! grin

Keep us posted of your progress,you've got way more guts (and talent) than me.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
I posted some new updates.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Nice update, but I had to laugh about locating parts in deep snow. Funny.


Drew
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Magnificent .......


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Been awhile, but finally made some more progress.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=592642

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 44
Brought my 348 home last weekend. Pic's in the previous posts link.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0