Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (mick53, 55shaker, Peggy M, Gdads51, Hanks custodian, MickeyP, homer52, 1 invisible),
102
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,137 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 |
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | WOW! Great Pics! Incredible Dedication and Workmanship, not to mention the Really Cool Product!
Thnks for Sharing, Gasser! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Wow....just wow! I often wonder what you guys get upto in those loooong dark winters.
Now I know,keep up the good work. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | That whole project would just plain scare me away. Just WAY over my skills. I like the availability of your boneyards though. Lots of pullin' and pickin' there. A really nice build. I like your daughter's International build too. Keeping 2 extensive truck build projects going at the same time must be "fun". 
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 | Thanks for the interest everyone. I finally figured out how to post pictures with the new computer, so hopefully get some added soon.
DrewP: It is interesting juggling the two big builds. I also just got my wife's Anglia running again to keep her happy and am in the process of pulling the motor out of my blue Thames since I scattered the bottom end in it recently. I never intended to have this many on the go, but they keep following us home. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | Alaska Gasser,
Great story, and an incredible build! The thought of finding a treasure trove of old iron in the great north woods is quite exciting in itself. I am more of a restoration guy but still like your concept. The 348 will really make it stand out in a crowd, not that an extended cab AD is common. Your fabrication skills are impressive.
I am guessing that moss does not grow on the tread of your boots.
Welcome to the Stovebolt, and I look forward to watching your progress.
Paul | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | I also just got my wife's Anglia running again to keep her happy. I thought I saw the little 'Brit' Ford hiding in the corner. I see you've got your priorities in order too,keep 'the boss' happy!  Keep us posted of your progress,you've got way more guts (and talent) than me. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 | I posted some new updates. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Nice update, but I had to laugh about locating parts in deep snow. Funny.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 44 | Brought my 348 home last weekend. Pic's in the previous posts link. | | |
| |